Hair

2.11.2009

What's been going on with the Diva

It's been a while since I've actually written something on this blog. My videos are normally so long so I feel like I shouldn't bore everyone with reading my quirky ramblings as well. I've been keeping really busy with school, starting this service organization with my classmates. We're striving to collect formal wear to donate to young women in the local community for proms and homecomings. Being involved is really so much fun and once you start it's like a virus (a good one) that just spreads everywhere.

I also recently started an internship at Clear Channel Radio, they're all over the place and their Hip-Hop syndicate is the Beat, there is a variation of them everywhere...like I know in Miami it's like 103.5 the Beat and even Y100. I don't know it's really exciting...nothing went on in this city before they came to town , what was it 8 or 9 years ago nothing I mean NAWTING ever went down. Now, everything that does happen they're normally apart of. So, this is going to be a great experience and wonderful eye opener, a way to network get me out of the house because lawd knows I want to work in the media but I'm rarely out in the lime light. I still have some of that shy awkwardness about me that I'm trying to shed off.

Other than school the personal life is moving a long...been on a few dates already this year if that's any indication on how the rest of the year plays out, then I'm pleased. FREE FOOD lol jk. It's nice socializing with other people my age. It gives me a chance to filter through B.S. people I guess when I'm ready for a relationship I'll have some type of experience and I won't be some doey eyed novice.

This week alone has been a lot of ups and downs! Lost two people due to violence and it's hard reading their obituary in the news paper because they're using their mugshots. I guess this is why I want to be in the media because we don't have that much representation there. Yes, I understand they've done bad things during their time on earth but that shouldn't out shadow the good that their friends and family will remember them for. The positive changes they made before their lives were snatched away. So, this next weekend I'll be going to a double funeral which is a huge no bueno.

I have scholarship essays to write, and I believe that for one of them this will be the topic that I use, the representation of black or just ethnic people in the media in general and how I feel that my going into the communication field will have a positive impact. Any essay ideas hit a sister up lol I'm on a permanent writers block.

Obama came to my city yesterday...I felt so sad because he was so close yet so far away. I live 5 minutes down the street from the convention center where they were having the town hall meeting. If only I knew where to stand in line to get tickets. I sure would have been there, but I wasn't so I missed it and had to go to whack behind school! They even had to drive down MLK which is in my neighborhood to get him back to the airport so even then I could've stood on the side of the road just to see his entourage go by. Seeing that in person is really exciting! I saw it once when I was in D.C. and its just really interesting. Like I said nothing happens in Fort Myers so this was huge. My mommy even went out to see him leave. I'm glad that she got the experience. I didn't get to meet him this time around but I'm going to meet him!! That guy that's been splashed on every news channel and is all over YouTube right now normally calls the radio station every night! I went to school with him...he's really that loud and high strong so it's not a plant that they put in the room lol he's really like that. So, let's hope he enjoys his few minutes of fame. He couldn't even answer his phone last night to give us a quick interview! LOL must be nice.

Well let me eat this breakfast and get going I have a LOOOOONG day ahead of me.

Here is my lastest YouTube video enjoy the madness!

No comments:

SUBSCRIBERS