Hair

8.20.2008

The Journey Continues

I successfully completed the summer semester 2 A's and 2 B's funny thing is that the A's where in a subject that I'm normally not great in, science. It was surprising looking at my final posted grades and seeing that I actually did okay. I thought I had given up but subconsciously I couldn't allow myself to fail. To God be the glory on that because this DiVA clocked out midway through the second term. I'm currently on vacation from work and school which I certainly need after letting emotion interfere in the work place. I'm realizing that my anger issues have not disappeared like I tried to make myself and others believe. I mean after three anger management classes I'd like to think I was a bit happier? I guess I'm not fooling myself anymore because just last week a bone fell out of my closet. So, I decided rather than stuffing it back in and leaving it to fall back out I'm going to do something about it. The calmest time in my life was during the 4 years of high school. I believe it was because I was busy with EVERYTHING and I didn't have time to get angry if I did get angry I could go to band practice and kill the formations march the hekk out of the field, spin the flag hard like I was whacking someones head off kick as if I wanted to knock that person or situation into next week or even murder the strings of my violin. I had goals I had to accomplish I had to get out of the hood and show others that this was not all WE could be. I also realized that the anger reemerged once I began slipping backwards well more like getting too comfortable with in the place I'd arrived with the few goals I had accomplished lol! The devil doesn't ever want to see you happy. Counseling helped so I'm considering doing that again but some other things that I've decided to look into are picking up some of my old activities. Yoga and playing my violin primarily. I begin lessons next Thursday the 28th so I'll actually have to do more than take my violin out of it's case and just looking at it or holding it. Yoga will begin in September hopefully once this gym opens up. I've also been attending church services and that feels good, lastly school which is a must if I want to get that MBA before I'm 26 lol, who knows if that all works I may even start dancing on the side. I'm to young to be so serious I can't be everyones shero and I know they don't all expect it of me so I'm praying they're supportive of my quest to be a less angry and stressed out DiVA.

Sisterlocks, natural hair in general has given me a different perspective on how I want to live my life, this year began with a journey to learn how to love myself...I'm still learning how and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Well back to my vacation of romance novels ;)

DiVA 0ut!

10 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Thanks for stopping by. Congrats on the good grades, that is some achievement. I finally took the rollers down today I plan to take pics until the curls disappear then I will update you all. Sounds like you are going to be very busy. I wish you well with your violinlessons and and yoga. I want to get into yoga but I don't have the time for it. Hopefullty one day soon. By the way your Sisterlocks are progressing nicely! Take Care

Naturally Sophia said...

Thanks for posting on becoming the you, you want to be and healing yourself. I have been doing yoga lately. What a de-stresser!

Congrats on the good grades and finding some channels for anger.

I am jealous you can play an instrument. I barely made it past twinkle twinkleon the piano.

Zay The Gr3at said...

glad to see your picking the violin back up.

Anonymous said...

You 'did okay'? I say you did GREAT for the summer semester!!! You made the Dean's list and you now have some time off...YAY!!

Good job in finding ways to de-stress. Hey! You play violin? That's awesome! I played clarinet for 7 years, then upped and stopped after high school...I miss it and feel I wouldn't even know where to start if I picked one up again....sigh...

Just remember, we're all works in progress..

Anonymous said...

Oh! I also wanted to say Yoga will do wonders for your body and soul.

CheLouissaint said...

B. Buttahfly: No need to thank me I enjoy reading your blog. I can't wait to read an update on your curls. Right now I sound horrible so I need ALL the well wishes that I can get. You should definitely get into yoga, the only reason I stopped was because I didn't have the funding once I moved from Miami lol but I still used some of the methods I learned at home. Thank you, if my locks turn out half as good as yours I'll be excited.

Sophia- Thank you for appreciating the post. Let's hope I keep with it now that I've let the thoughts out into the universe lol. Yoga is AWESOME I remember my first yoga class I cried tears of joy because I felt so relaxed and free. This gym needs to just hurry up and open so I can start having that feeling again. Don't be jealous right now I can't even play twinkle twinkle with out a big screech lol!

Zay- I'm glad too!

Meikmeika- You're right I did do great didn't I? :) Thank you the time off quickly came to an end I'm back at work today and I'll be fixing schedule mishaps for school as soon as tomorrow. It was good while it lasted Lord knows I didn't want to get up knowing that I had to go to work today. Yeah I dabble with the strings lol not playing for three years is the worse thing that I could have done, it really is an outlet you should try to pick it up again! I would just say to get lessons to get yourself back on track. Music is very liberating. Just as yoga, with yoga and my violin I think I'll make WAY better progess than I've made in the past year without either. I just wish this gym would hurry and open it's doors.


THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE WELL WISHES AND POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!!

Anonymous said...

Tag you're it!!! My blog has the rules...

Zay The Gr3at said...

never thought of it like that ..

mars ™ said...

I play viola :]
Six years strong.

CheLouissaint said...

Zay- Guess there are just different ways of looking at things

Mars- That's what's up, PLEASE don't ever stop. Getting back on the strings is hard as heck I broke one of my dang strings! and I sound HORRIBLE right about now.

SUBSCRIBERS