Hair

9.07.2008

8 Months!

Woot Woot!! It's been eight months and I think I fell in love with my locks all over again. I had my hair re tightened Wednesday the 3rd, this time I didn't take pictures because I was thinking still no parts are showing other than that which lies in the middle, so I left it alone. Thursday I went to school like normal dressed in basketball shorts a white t-shirt and running shoes, didn't have to do much with my hair it was a low maintenance day for me as usual. Than Friday I woke up all extra early which allowed me added time for trying something new so I decided to try something with my hair. I loved it!!!! My hair looked locked I don't think anyone can mistake my hair for braids or twist anymore. I'm getting compliments everyday my family members say little things from time to time that let me know that they're starting to see the big picture and that just made me feel so good! So Friday night I went dancing with my sister and a couple friends and I wore a dress!!! That's a huge thing for me, I'll wear a pencil skirt or a dress shirt concoction with tights but it's been a while since I wore anything like this mini dress. My friends are always teasing me for being boyish and I know they would be proud to see me looking girlicious lol! (So of course I sent them all pictures) In the pictures with me are my sister in all her natural glory and her friend who is like a big brother to me :)

Hairy legs and a mini dress don't mesh well but I've been keeping with the waxing so I can show more of my chicken legs. So the hair went from a work day to a night out dancing and it did quite well if I might add. The next day I took down one of the twist and I was surprised to see where my hair fell down to. Needless to say I was feeling myself. The style didn't last 3 days because I grew tired of the bobby pins digging into my scalp but I think it would've done fine. Also, look at my kitchen, one of my locks is purple!! LOL I guess it's because I tried to color in lint on that lock and I thought it was a black marker but I guess it was actually purple as the picture reveals. Click the picture to get a better look.


School is going great I'm enjoying the classes as of now, I'm playing my violin without the lessons there was a time conflict so I had to cancel :( I popped one of my strings while playing with a friend lol that was kind of funny guess the strings were tired of me. I've since had it repaired. My gym has FINALLY opened up so Monday I go for my fitness evaluation than I'll start doing my yoga, cardio and weight training. Look forward to some before pictures in an up coming post.
Now on to other news. I was recently tagged by Meikmeika, and I've been thinking about it daily since I saw the tag what 6 things I would share. I still don't know but I'm just going to try to work it out. I'm also trying to figure out who all hasn't been tagged but I still haven't found them so hopefully by the time I'm done writing this post I'll have a few people to tag. So here are the rules:


1) Link to the person that tagged you: Meikmeika
2) Post the rules on the blog
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.


** I've only kissed one guy he wasn't my boyfriend, and today is actually the 7yr anniversary of the last kiss that we shared LOL! Crazy for remembering it but I do because he was my best friend and first so called love. 09/07/01 He's now married and expecting his first child with his wife. Haven't kissed anyone since him and he doesn't know it.

** I have no fashion since what so ever!! As you can tell from what I wore to school on Thursday. I love basketball shorts, wife beaters, sweatshirts/pants, boy shorts, socks and sports bras. If I can't be naked that's all I can come up with on my own. My family members are always giving me a make over that rarely ever last a few days. lol I'm trying to do better though now that I'm getting older.

**I have a crush on Jet Li! LOL and Wong on Law and Order SVU, and the Chairman on Iron Chef and a couple other Asian men lol!

**I tried the online romance thing...my family and close friends are the only ones that know about it. It wasn't really online dating, because like I've stated before I never had a boyfriend; it was just one guy that I spoke to for months than I told my famillia that I thought I may want to pursue a relationship with this guy. He spoke to my mother and everything but I never met him it lasted 2.5 years as sort of pin pals and communication ceased recently . Being from an old school Haitian family I don't know what I was thinking but I did it, don't regret it, I've learned from it but I wouldn't recommend it. My family still makes fun of me for it but I'm grateful that they supported me :)

**I listen to NPR radio, I rarely find other people my age that admit to it but I love it. I get my classical music fix, and I'm enlightened on topics effecting the world rather than just the redundant celeb gossip.

**I have recently fallen in love....with reality TV lol...I watch : I Love Money, Making the Band, any dance competition shows, design shows on Bravo, Baldwin Hills and ANTM. My DVR makes it all possible.


Oh my GOODERNESS it took FOREVER for me to come up with those 6 things.


4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.


1.Diary of a Thin Hair Sister aka Helgalocks
6. Any one that hasn't been tagged! :)


-DiVA 0ut!

7 comments:

JUST Euphoria said...

Ms. Diva indeed girl your locks are hot and you wear them as a diva should. I get tired of people asking me do I have twist and extensions and such, so I am ready for mines to start looking like dreads.

NappiNish said...

What products do you use in your hair care routine ?

CheLouissaint said...

Euphoria-thank you! I saw some of the styles you've tried on your blog and if you don't mind I'll probably be emailing you soon about tips to using the rollers. I still get asked occasionally if my hair is style in twist or braids but these days I don't sit around to explain it to them unless they seem genuinely interested. I say there locks and go about my business. They will and I'm telling you you're going to fall in love all over again.

Happilynappliy-I only use the sisterlocks shampoo when ever I wash my hair which is about every 2 mths or every other month, I'll also do an ACV rinse, because I wait so long in between washes. On the day to day I don't really use anything I just let them do what they want :) In the beginning I did spritz with plain old H2O.

Thanks for stopping by Ladies

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Girl you got it going on! I love the style and the dress!
Happy 8 months! I wish you well in school this semester and I wish you the best on your fitness journey. I'm trying to get there, I just recently started back running and it is such a struggle, but I know it's possible. We just have to keep our mind to it! Take Care

CheLouissaint said...

Brown Buttahfly- Thank you! Who you telling, I'm still stiff and I worked out Monday :( lol I commend you for being able to run because I can't make it from point A-B without huffing and puffing. I need the motivation so please keep sharing the stories :)

Anonymous said...

Your locks are looking great!! Time has flown. Loved the updo, very chic! Yellow looks good on you!

You have no fashion sense? Say what??!! Everything I see you wearing in your pics is soooo cute! Are they all family makeovers?

Online dating seems to be the way to go these days. In the past 5 years I've met atleast a dozen people who found their spouses that way. I think it's the best thing since sliced bread, just gotta be careful..

NPR is awesome isn't it? I like hearing about the world, not just the USA. The classical music is nice when you need to relax.

Have you been watching ANTM? What do you think about them allowing Isis on the show? I think it's pretty awesome and she will give the other contestants a run for their money. Project Runway is my obsession for the season.

CheLouissaint said...

Meikmeika- Thank you! I was so shocked at the length when I snapped those pictures my niece is beginning to ask more questions about it, I think she's excited by how fast my hair has grown my mother and sister defend my hair to other people who could imagine the difference just a small amount of added length could make! I was scared of the yellow at first but after a while my sister just wanted me to pick something. Most of them are all make overs I have to past an inspection before leaving the apt lol the only things I can take full credit for are my jeans and a wife beater combo. Tomboy swag I have down to a tee. I have to blog about my latest makeover addition.

The online dating, I know of a few people that have done and were sucessful but it wasn't for me and it was emotionally draining like geesh this person wasn't even here with me so I could punch them whenever I was mad, it's hard and right now I don't think it will be the best for me especially since I have no experience with any other type of relationships.

NPR radio is awesome it's a great get away for those that can't get away and it's inspired my sister and me to try experiencing different cultures through food in our local area.

Isis is the bomb! I want her to get far in this competition the transgendered women are making a breakout in reality TV this season, Diddy actually had a transgendered woman on his show for a short while. People better start opening their minds up to new experiences! Speaking of project runway I have episodes that I haven't seen yet on my DVR it gets like that with school sometimes but I need to get my Swade fix soon!

Let me get back to work before someone come over complaining that I'm blogging lol!

SUBSCRIBERS