Hair

9.28.2008

What's Happening?

Guess where I just came from? If you guess the gym then ding ding ding
you are correct. You win 50 push ups get to it!! LOL One of my co-workers finally signed up for the gym and he asked me to work out with him today so that's what we did, even though the plan was to work out this morning we went after work. My arms are sore, but I've been neglecting the blog so I decided to go ahead and tuff it out.
I wish I could say yeah I've been killing it at the gym but see what had happened was...Okay, so after being worked until it hurt I tried going back the next day but Hurricane Ike had other plans with all the rain that it was giving that day so I skipped death and decided I would work out Wednesday. I don't know what happened but I never made it back to the gym. I didn't make it back until the 15th...I took a morning power walk and I made it 1.42 miles ended with a few lunges had breakfast showered than headed to work. I had plans to attend the gym after work but then I found out that someone passed away AT THE GYM and the gym would be closing temporarily. That was kind of scary so I just went home. I wasn't able to work out the next day because of school but I did work out again after that I just can't remember when. Than last week Friday morning I did my abs and one of the gym people helped me with the some excersices. He worked me out well but I didn't feel anything other than an adrenaline rush, than two days later it hit me and I felt like someone beat the mess out of my stomach. I was going to go back but that evil curse of womanhood reared it's nasty little head and I'm not quite cool with going to the gym during that time of the month yet. So I'd been working out at home until she went bye, bye. So I worked out at home until today. It's been a slow start for me but I'm trying to keep myself motivated, without a trainer, I don't have that type of money right now. I'm going to use the gym resources for free as long as I can maybe I'll get to the point where I won't need a trainer, maybe. There are a lot of online work out plans that I've been bookmarking and what I've done so far is to try and use every machine at the gym at least once by looking at the diagrams so that way I can familiarize myself with the place. It's scary being in there with all these experienced people. Shoot makes you want to just curl up in a corner and do the moves everyone had to learn in gym class and you know its fool proof.
In other news I washed my hair Thursday lol, I'm not good with washing my hair but with this new work out thingy I can't do the every two months thing. I'm going to have to move it up at least to every month. I hate washing my own hair!!! I rather have someone else do it the only good thing about washing my hair is seeing the length afterwards. So, I washed my hair and tried to do a roller set with perm rollers because I was going to Miami the next day and I was going to be on my old college campus I wanted to try something new. I suck with rollers but I guess it came out okay. It looked like old lady hair to me a bit too formal so I guess I'm going to stick to just simple braidouts until I get a bit more length. I kept pulling at it to relax the curls.
I'm coming up on my 9ths and my hair is really growing. I have to stop myself from smacking my back thinking there is a fly or something. It's great :) my cousin called me a few days ago after I'd text her a picture of my hair and she said she wanted to get her hair in sisterlocks. She has relaxed hair, so I had to give her some info because she thought it was something I'd done on my own. Chile boo me DIY? Not yet at least. Think she should look around some more before she decides to lock.
Hmmm...what else is there?
School is going great...I realized how much I missed being on a university campus when I went back to Miami so I'm looking forward to the spring semester, I want to live a real college student life get the full experience. Working full time will not rob me of the experience. I won't let it. That's about it I'm going to end this post here so that I can get some rest if I decide I'm going to work out before work tomorrow. I'll update my 1mths workout pics on the 8th.

-DiVA0Ut!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those locks are growing!!!

It's never a good thing when someone starts a sentence with "What had happened was..." LOL!!! Don't worry about missing a couple days here and there cause in the long run if you keep going consistently, those missed days won't even matter. Trainers are so awesome aren't they? So awesome they want to charge you an arm and a leg to get you fit. Gyms are always intimidating, the men are usually at the free weights (which are the best for everyone to use) and the women are where the cardio machines are... I used to arrive at the gym when it opened just to avoid all of it, guess everyone else had the same idea too...

Didn't think my comment would be so long but I'm happy school is going well, loved the curls and hope your cousin ventures over to the Sisterlocked side....

Maryee said...

Your locks are beautiful!

CheLouissaint said...

Meikmeika- It's amazing I can't wait to see the difference in a few months. LOL! It's true but that's really "what had happened". They're not going to get any of my money not right now at least. So far the mornings haven't been so busy. Midterms are starting let's see how well I think it's going in a few days lol, thank you. I'll definitely post about it if she does because Lord knows my entire family thought I was crazy for taking this step.

Maryee- OMG!!! I feel all extra giddy inside because you visited my blog. Thank you :)

SUBSCRIBERS