Hair

3.27.2010

36 Days Remaining

That's less than 4 weeks until this collegiate journey comes to an end, well maybe a break I'm still thinking I MAY return to school in 2 years to complete my Masters. Maybe, right now I'm too tired of school to think about school.


Busy, busy, busy that's what I've been, but as I sat here working on my Senior Seminar term project I decided this was blog worthy. The assignment I'm working on is an adversary project: try to understand something/or someone I don't really understand.
Does that make any sense?


My adversary is beauty, something I haven't been able to fully wrap my mind around. My premise is based on Tony Morrison's The Bluest Eye, & my own struggle with beauty which has made it my adversary. My classmates are all creating biographies of their drug addicted exes, rapist, killers and here I am and it all boils down to my hair and how it's affected my perception of beauty. At first my adversary was faith.


Sometimes you CAN NOT ignore the Lord. I'm sitting here blogging before work and there is a knock on my door. The visitors ask to have Bible study with me for 5 minutes. This just happened not 20 minutes ago, busy as you want to be when the Lord demands his time you must give it to Him. I know He's been trying to get me to evaluate my faith and maybe I should change my project back to faith as my adversary but instead I'll pray that I'll stand still and listen to His message. My car radio has been dead for months then out of no where it statics until a week later the static becomes clearer and I hear Christian music through the speakers, I can't turn it off or on, I can't raise nor lower the volume. I said; "ok God I hear you, tomorrow I'll read my Bible". Tomorrow turned into weeks and finally He showed me He's still in control by saying no, not later, but today and right NOW. I'm grateful for their knock and I look forward to their next visit.


Ok well I'll tell you my grade but right now I have to get ready for work!

2 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Congrats I know you are excited!

Locs2Envy said...

Congratulations Ms.Lady. You deserve nothing but the best. I loved you story about God getting you attention. That sounds like the kind of drastic measures he has to take to get my attention....lol,

Much love,

SUBSCRIBERS