Hair

12.31.2007

Godly Intervention/ Plain Ol' Going After What You Want

Previously I wrote that I didn't think I'd be getting my sisterlocks installed this coming Saturday. Well I'm a natural born "hustla" lol!! I'm going after what I want and I want my locks two years of planning and I absolutely refuse to have my plans altered. I'm going to pay for my classes and my hair and I won't have it any other way. Okay so basically my consultant agreed to have me pay half the day of install and then the other half a week later lol yeah I have a way with words, God was on my side. So, I'm happy now today has been a funky day because my sister who suffers from sickle cell anemia had to have a blood transfusion this morning and I couldn't be there with her because I had to be at work. My hair after a wash my mommy braided then greased my scalp, I don't normally leave my hair out...one of the many black women that wears a weave with all my natural glory shamefully hidden. No longer!!! Hawaii is no more well at least not this time around, decided that I rather go to school I've been working towards this and I'm not going to defer my dreams for an all expense paid trip to an island that I could not otherwise afford. I figure if it's meant for me to have that experience it will come around again. If not then I'll be okay because I know I went after what my heart desires.
Two Strand Twist with Kinky hair
I've been reading brunsli's blog spot and she wrote a synopsis on a book that she recently read. I'm upset that the library will be closed by the time I get off from work otherwise I'd rush right over and pick it up. It seems interesting and what she wrote about it makes me want to read it even more. I'm not sure if I can even use her name without giving some type of credit for it, I'm new to this Internet posting so I'll just do this Brunsli just in case lol! Wow how many LOL's have I used? I'm just really happy that everything is falling in place for me. The past two years have been rough for me and I can't wait to begin on my journey, the Langston Hughes poem comes to mind "Harlem: A Dream Deferred" I absolutely refuse to let my dream dry up and crust over! My test locks

No comments:

SUBSCRIBERS