Hair

5.07.2008

4 Months Locked

My mommy is back, she's never leaving my sight again. I'm trying my best to keep her in good spirits, it's hard but not more then I can bare. The death of my cousin was hard on her, especially as news soon followed that my cousins were blaming family in the US for her death. From what I've been told they feel that if their mother my aunt was alive today they too would be in America, or well cared for. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth and I know I'm not living in a huge house and I do have to work to get by. My mother does what she can and now they're all adults married with children at some point they'll learn that the blame can't always be placed on someone else. But eh I believe it's the lost of their sister causing them to say the things they're saying so I'm not holding any of it against any of them. My mother was denied my cousins body to have her funeral here, and she's unable to travel. Everyone that would have been leaving the US for the funeral ended up not going because of miscommunication, I still don't have a passport which is why I did not go in place of my mother, my cousin in N. Carolina did go (Ti Rose was her sister), I need to call and speak with her about the funeral but I'm not sure what kind of reception I'll get.

My sister became a citizen this past week in Tampa, it's like finally after living here 22 years you'd think she'd be a citizen already.
Yesterday was the first time that I actually remembered my locks were installed 4 months ago, this is why I can't be in a relationship, I really would never remember those little anniversaries in between. I'm trying something new with the locks, I'm not wetting them until July, my scalp is so flaky I make it "snow" each time my hand goes any where near my head so this is going to be scary, guess I'll be looking into the dry wash for the next two months. I'll also have to wear a stay back sign because the summer heat will surely cause the smell to escape my nappy nest. I'm beginning to be curious as to the amount of locks I have, I had them counted once and the number was 375 which is average but I think she lost count, because I counted just now (yeah at work counting hair) and I counted 383 but I lose count after two I'm ADD when it comes to counting. My sister won't do it because she's seen my hair snow, how can I bribe her?



School is out, well it was out but I'm going right back in for a full summer semester, that began today ( forgot so I missed the first day of school). I did not obtain my goal of a 4.0 for the Spring semester, but I did come close 3.5 is what I ended with 2 A's and 2 B's. I was not feeling it at first but when everyone reminded me of the circumstances that hit me during this semester I DID AWESOME!! We'll see what happens during Psych, Philosophy and Oceanography I & II this summer.

8 comments:

moke said...

lmao nothing wrong with spraying oil on ur scalp.!


thats what i did.

CheLouissaint said...

Hey miss lady! Been wondering where you went off to haven't seen a new blog post from you in a while. I am DYING to spray my scalp with some oil Lord only knows it but the locks around my edge keep slipping so until they settle I'm not putting anything in them AT ALL. Au natural just water and shampoo to cleanse every other month now. =[

Anonymous said...

I agree with spritzing to combat the 'snow'.

Your locks are looking great!! 4 months already?!

Great job on your GPA and good luck with this semester.

Do you know the guy posing behind you in the 3rd pic? Did you know he was posing? LOL!!!

moke said...

then dont use oil... afro sheen is JUST as good and the balence of water in it will help from over oiling it. and i know i havent been on here ina min... school is a bword. lol

CheLouissaint said...

meikmeika-I'm going to ask my consultant what she thinks about the spritzing. thank you i'm hoping to accomplish the same for the summer semester with my GPA. lol yes I know him we went to HS together and happen to run into each other, he's doing worse in my other pictures.

moke-yeah I understand how school can get. are you still in the spring term?

moke said...

yup.. last week and i am DONE. gotta take a summer class online though cause to up my gpa... but its online..so i dont have to get up at 7 am everyday.

CheLouissaint said...

moke- can you believe that in the three years i've been in college i've never had a professor that gave a final exam? its always been a final test or paper so while people are scrambling trying to remember everything they've learned i'm normally just out relaxing. i'm in summer school right started last week. hope you do well with finals and your online class.

moke said...

EFF UR SCHOOL LOL

SUBSCRIBERS