Hair

5.10.2008

Wax On Wax Off

It's getting really hot in Florida, and I've decided to actually dress for the weather. I have been plagued with HAIRY (yes I had to capitalize it) legs since I was in the 5th grade I can still remember being caught trying to shave after some of the other 5th graders in my class made fun of me for having "boy" legs, of course before then I never noticed the stupid hairs and had no shame with wearing short shorts. I looked a mess with blood dripping down my legs trying to explain to my mother why my bedtime shower was taking forever and how I had scratched my mosqitoe bites and that's where the blood was coming from. Boy could I tell a story, I didn't get to finish shaving instead I was reprimanded and had alcohol poured over my legs and a warning to not bloody her sheets. LOL memories. Any how, my legs are still hairy, shoot I'm probably the hairiest chick you'll ever know and I hate shaving, I've tried Nair, Veet, and home waxing kits. LOL sorry home waxing kits brought back some more memories. Nair and Veet make me itch and the whole 3 minute crap does not work for my thick hair, I always end up having to shave after using the hair removers, at home waxes let's just say HELL NAH never again. If I remove the hair today it just comes right back tomorrow. Yes I have mutant hair I don't get nothing but a day of hairless legs and whatever else I shave, those suckers sprout back instantly. I'm tired of not being able to wear what I want to for fear of offending someones eyes when they set their sights on my appendanges. Well in the house it's all fair game and people who knew me growing up all know they can just bite me but dang imagine trying to go to the beach, I hate the beach but still every now and then I go. I can't chance being seen with all that hair and being considered a HE/SHE or something. I don't like the way it looks so because I don't like it and I like making me happy. I've decided, (drum roll) I'm going to get a wax PROFESSIONALLY, if I like them then I'll continue to get them, but I refuse to spend another summer in jeans and sweat pants. My body needs to breath and I intend to let it.(click the picture if you don't believe lol i'm not liable for any eye damage)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been contemplating an easier way to rid me of my leg hair as well. Shaving only lasts a day and waxing is to painful. I got my legs waxed once and I broke out in little rashes all over my legs...never again! I think I will try Nair and Veet and someone did suggest an epilator which is a bit costly but hopefully I'll be able to try it out soon as well.

I hate shaving as well. What's crazy is neither of my parents have hair on their legs...huh?

CheLouissaint said...

what is an epilator?

i'm the only hairy person in my family it seems. and it's yicky looking hair on my legs too mannish hair. i even have hair on my face neck and chest so i'm just fed up. i'm spa shopping at the moment and trying to figure out if the 'no panties' is a myth for a bikini wax.

Anonymous said...

Here's Wiki's definition of an epilator...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epilator

I haven't seen one of these before but the link has a pic..

CheLouissaint said...

Meikmeika- I think I've used one of those before! On my arm hair though and that was when I was like 10 and it didn't work lol but it did hurt.

SUBSCRIBERS