Hair

5.21.2008

Haitian Flag Day Compa Fest 2008

After receiving the ok from my mother that she would be fine for the weekend, me and my sister continued with out plans to attend the 10th Annual Compa Festival in Miami this past weekend. It was pretty awesome even though half the time I was checking my phone every few seconds to see if my niece was calling to say something was wrong with grand mommy. I finally had to give away my phone to someone else to hold so that I could sit back and enjoy the festivities. I love Haitian culture, I'm so proud of where I come from and even though the country is in turmoil currently I can't help but to think that one day we'll be united as one, without having to sell our country to the British, French, or the US ever.
Every fun trips has its ups and downs, though hanging with the girls was very memorable and I look forward to more outings of the sort, one person in the bunch made things a little un-comfy for me. It's crazy when you're friends with someone for so long and you never see the difference in the way they treat you and anyone else and then some random person divulges that information. That's what happened last year after Compa Fest, my cousin stated that my guy friend was in love with me and I'm thinking no way right? Well I found out yes way and since then our friendship was sort of iffy knowing this. It did get better, until this weekend when he became pissy drunk and decided to text something to my phone. Of course I tried to pretend like I didn't get the text, but then he crossed the line as I was dancing with someone who was trying to get information about my friend not me but my friend, he pushed the guy. Not only does he push the guy but he claims me as his girlfriend then later on as his wife. Then proceeded to lean his unbalanced drunk behind over to try and kiss me landing it on my cheek awfully hard. I thought my braces were going to split the inside of my mouth open.
Other then that little bump in the road the weekend was great. I came home to find my mother was doing well. Think she does better without me and my sister babying her. It's hard not to but we've decided to try.
Pictures from the weekend: I do not normally dress like this, the original outfit had a tshirt under that vest, but my cousins said take it off and voila! NEVER AGAIN! Too many old men hitting on me.My sissy poo who turned the big 3-0 this weekend yet doesn't look a day over 18 she got the good genes lol. She also had the since to not wear heals! My curvaceous cousin striking a pose! Hey! My other cousin is in the group picture but she was surely show stopping as well, she's the one in white next to me. One of my bestest friends (skinny minny) currently living in Louisiana attending Southern University in town for the summer. It was really packed out there at Bicentennial Park I know there had to be more than 40,000 people in attendance this year I couldn't get a good enough picture of the crowd from where I was in the VIP area but it was A LOT of people.

VIP at Haitian events beats all other VIP's I've been in. You get all access back stage to meet all of your favorite artist and Haitian VJs, DJs and comedians. Free food galore and of course drinks. On our last day there I went to visit my uncle and cousin, and was able to meet my second cousin his 3 month old daughter she's so chubby wubby! OK off to take my first Psychology test!
_DiVA 0ut

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Ok Sexy Momma!!! Looks like you guys had alot of fun!! I know yall had to be turning many heads!!

Good luck on your test.

CheLouissaint said...

LOL we did have a lot of fun but we were definitely turning unwanted heads. Men old enough to be my father's father lol surprising what a little cleavage will do.

Thanks I'll know Tuesday how I did!

SUBSCRIBERS