Hair

5.16.2008

Paging Dr.ER

It began like a normal day, I walked into my mothers room to pester her like always and say good bye before I left for class, then she asked her if I looked cute and she says the standard no and I take my camera and snap a picture and with my best Tyra Banks impersonation I say I'm fierce kiss her and leave.It quickly became some what of a hectic day, I spent most of the afternoon in the ER with my mother and sister. I left my psych class early to take her to her check up and the nurse came in saying we had to take her to the ER stat because her potassium level was WAY to high. Normal potassium level is between 3.5-5.0 her lab stated she had a potassium level of 6.2. Calmly but surely we took her to the nearest ER though she looked fine she has been complaining about a rolling ball on her chest which may have been a result of this high potassium. The nearest ER was not the business it was so dingy looking and the woman signing people in looked off balance and everyone just seemed so rude. After five minutes of sitting and waiting for her to be seen, I decided I didn't like this place and would not allow my mother to be seen by them. We drove back to our side of town to the ER where every body knows our name lol. Between my mother and sister we're at this emergency room A LOT. We get there and I release the breath that I'd been holding onto and got her checked in. Not even 5 minutes later the triage nurse called my mother back to find out what was going on. She was nice I heart Nurse Judy, she let's us break the rules and allows me and my sister to both go in the back and keep my mother company. She treats people like people rather than sick animals, and doesn't feel the need to wear mask and gloves. She's old school and my mother is always requesting her as her nurse when she knows good and well the woman has to triage. They had to run the standard test, so that took a while...and I hate ER's yes no matter how frequently I visit them I still feel very uncomfortable in them, and rather then casting that off to my mother and sister I act goofy. I was trying to make everyone laugh and it worked, my ADDism comes out in full effect during stressful situations, I was telling my mommy "see look this is how Chris Brown does in his new dance video", and then I imitated people in the family or remind her of some of the whippings that I had, posing like I was ANTM, then I got in to my normal argument with nurse Willie who is a friend of the family I commanded that he get me non-carbonated soda fruit juice and M&M's from the vending machine with a $1.25 lol clearly not enough money to create such a thing but he humored me. He left for lunch and I had no one else to be difficult with but he soon returned and he brought back some deep fried thingy that didn't taste so bad and some Brazilian passion fruit juice. This is the kind of thing that other ER place was lacking. I forced my mother to take pictures with me lol the Dr. came back and set us all at ease when he said that there must have been a lab error because my mother had a potassium level of 5.2 not 6.2 and that the clinics machine may have been calibrated differently. Now, we have to figure out why her potassium shot up so high, high potassium correlates with kidney issues. I'll know more later today when I take her back to the Dr.

My Photo Shoot with my mismatching jacket, hey it gets cold in the hospital, smiling with my eyes -giggle-. My sister got her ANTM pose on as well but I have to make sure she won't kill me before I post those lol.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics!!! Happy to hear your mother's potassium level was within normal range..

Anonymous said...

By the way..I hate the ER as well. It's good you were able to make everyone laugh and put them at ease.

CheLouissaint said...

Thank you!! LOL like the way I smiled with my eyes. I was glad to hear that her potassium level wasn't as bad as the nurse from the clinic stated but then it also made me want to strangle her for the unnecessary stress. I'm the goof troop of the family it was the only position left being the baby. Glad I'm not the only one that hates it.:)

Zay The Gr3at said...

um..youre a lil off lol

CheLouissaint said...

Just a lil off? Well thank you how sugary!

SUBSCRIBERS