Hair

7.01.2008

My Addiction

I have a serious addiction and I doubt there is a twelve step program that could rid me of it. I love to read! I can escape in a book the entire day without a care for anything. If the apartment was burning down I think, I'd have to be pulled out of the fire before I could lift my eyes from the pages of my sweet euphoria. I become highly upset if anyone should even try to interrupt me as I try to sneak in a quick dose. Escaping into the lives of the characters assuming their roles as my very own!!! Yeah I have problem lol it's been a while...okay 3 days since I was able to read a full book in one sitting. (Those books don't really count because they were novella's and it was the weekend but an actual full novel in one day has been forever. )Partly because my life is so busy between school, work, and trying to spend time with my family in the few short hours that I get to spend at home. I work 5 days a week and attend classes 3 days a week, my mother and sister receive the few hours in between. They're so understanding and supportive of me and they feed the fuel to my fire which keeps me going rather than giving up to run away and play like other college students my age. 21 one living the life of someone 31...I don't think I've ever lived a life that mirrored my current age. Which is probably why reading has always been my escape and why I never had a boyfriend (that's another post lol). When my friends speak about dates and guys pursuing them I can almost relate because I experienced it too...only not through first hand experiences but through the words of the characters of my books. Wierdo...I'm a nerd lol wow. My family teases me about it all the time but I didn't realize how much my books have been my haven until after I completed this last book. "Nappily Married" I've been so busy lately I haven't really even had the time to sit down and blog. After completing Term A of summer with a 3.5 I jumped right in to Term B and boy is it harder. My arms are being tugged in three directions yet I only have two so you know something just ain't right lol. Any who...my philosophy class was canceled today so I actually had my day off as my day off (other than my orthodontist appt) I decided to drop off a library book then looked at the new arrivals and found "Nappily Faithful" I read the first book in the series (Nappily Ever After) back in high school so rather than coming home to get a start on some reading material or get a head start on an assignment for class I opened up that book and read like my life depended on it. Getting to the last page was bitter sweet but knowing that I have part three to dig into ASAP gave me unexplainable joy. (I love series that follow the same characters.) It was really like a quick vacation from ALL the stress and I feel rejuvenated as crazy as this sounds it was what I needed. The author Trisha R. Thomas is a locked sister! I fully recommend all of her books even though I still have yet to read two I skipped one because the library didn't have it,(I'm a little peeved skipping a section of Venus' life hate messing up the chronology lol) and the last one is in my secret hiding place. Nappily Ever After is being turned into a movie and guess who plays Venus and actually cuts off all her hair? Halle Berry!!! Yeah boy can't wait to see it.

In other news I applied for graduation for this fall...it's only going to be my AA but it means that even after my life had been temporarily derailed from my goals rather than giving up when life happened I jumped back in the rat race. It's not what or where I imagined I'd be right now but I feel so much joy that I know there is no where I'd much rather be. If only I could quench the little fear bubbles about heading back to a university when I transfer this spring. In other news look at my half up pony tail!!! It was too hot while I was driving back from campus I had to do something, and I haven't thought to take it down...this last picture is me on my way out to work. I wanted to see what the vest looked like the way I intended to wear it when I purchased it with a shirt lol. Good night all! I have to attend a meeting with the VP of our market this morning and I must get my beauty rest so that I can be prepared and not out shined by anyone else that will be present.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the Nappily Ever After book many times but never thought to read it. Guess now is a great time to do some reading. I'm a romance novel addict and when I start reading an interesting one, I can't put it down. My boyfriend always thought it was funny how all life would cease to exist until I finished my book..but like the addict I am I would need another novel fix...LOL!!! I used to purchase the books and donate them to the library when I was done... Can't afford to do that now so I need to start going to the library..what's even more awesome is my library delivers to your door..WOAH!!!

Great Job with Term A!!! 3.5 is wonderful! Love the ponytail and the vest looks good with a shirt under as well....

Keep doing what you do..

SeZ said...

I love to read as well, we have several shelfs of books that we both refuse to throw away. I also love the smell of the libraby and even the new books in the book store. I think we both need a three step program :-).

CheLouissaint said...

meikmeika: Yeah I was a blackexpressions.com addict, always catalog shopping for the latest release. I became the library to my friends. Now the librarian is looking at me sideways when I walk in there checking out 10 books at a time (probably wondering when I have time to read 10 books). I should probably bring her all the books that are collecting dust in our apartment. Library delivers to your door? I've never heard of that, I need to join your library branch save on some gas money!

Thank you...let's hope I can keep it up Term B with all this reading of non class related material lol. I like the vest WITH the shirt keeping my business under wraps.

Sez: thanks for checking out my blog. I don't think I could ever throw a book away I'm a pack rat I have a problem throwing anything away actually Cant say I've taken the time to smell the library or the book but I do love the sound of turning a brand new page. If loving to read is wrong I don't want to be right!! LOL I'd drop out of that program in a jiffy.

Zay The Gr3at said...

mmmm halle berry!

SUBSCRIBERS