Hair

7.13.2008

Where was I?

And what the hekk were they feeding me? Wednesday I woke up feeling a little off but I ignored it and carried my lil' happy self to work. I couldn't ignore the feeling of wanting to pass out, I was dizzy my mouth was dry my head was throbbing my tummy bubbling...so I'm thinking it's one of two things I'm hungry or I really need to use the bathroom. That's what my mother always told me she'd be like "go use the bathroom, so you can drink this tea and eat, you just hungry" in kreyol of course. Well after being at work from 7am-12:40ish I decided let me stop on home and try my mothers remedy before I head back to work. All I remember after that was being in bed, my mother feeding me, waking up and it being darker outside me in another bed and my mother trying to get me to drink something. Then I start complaining about not having brushed my teeth and then I'm vomiting. I had a temperature of 101. The next day I ended up at the ER with my sister who was also sick the night before. The blind leading the blind I'm taking her to the hospital and decide what the heck let me get them to check me out as well. I still had the fever so they forced me to take off my hoodie, make me give a urine sample...they still some blood and stick an IV in me. My experience with Dr's whenever I relinquish and go to see one is that they don't really give you much information. This Dr however gave too much information....from Kidney infection to meningitis, Xray and CTscan and probing in exit ways trying to diagnose me. After about 4hrs in the ER and all these tests they admit me. The next Dr I had wasn't AS friendly or talkative I wanted to scratch that heifers face off and ask for another Dr. By this time I'm feeling fine and I just want to go home after feeling like I've been violated worried about my sister who was still in the ER and my mother was home alone. I ended up staying in the hospital until yesterday evening so that's what two and a half days? Yeah. Diagnosis, ileaus, dehydration, low hemoglobin level/anemia. Now, the anemia that's an on going thing and I haven't been taking the time to eat the way I used to so I'll go ahead and take the iron pills and crap but how do I get dehydrated when I've been drinking more water than I ever have in my life. I do not stand in anyones sun so what's up with that? As for the ileaus, I've never had any type of gastro surgery so how to I end up getting intestinal blockage? I don't get sick, other than asthma I'm the healthiest one in the family. So when I get sick I feel like I shouldn't be sick, almost as if I'm failing the people that depend on me. Those two days which my entire family seems to think was Gods way to get me to slow down and look after myself were two of my most restless days. I don't want to be laid up in anyones hospital anytime soon. The journey to keep healthy and fit begins!!

No comments:

SUBSCRIBERS