Hair

11.28.2008

Ahhhh

I'm so upset right now, I just finished reading A Rich Man's Baby, by Daaimah S. Poole. It's a good book don't get me wrong but she just ended it! No resolution or anything my favorite character goes missing for a year and then all of a sudden the book is at the last page!!!! I wanted to know what happened next. See Brenda Jackson, Rochelle Alers, Adrienne Byrd, Celeste O. Norfleet, man I could go on and on but the point is they wouldn't do this to me. See in their books there is a happily ever after. In this book it just stopped. I'm upset because this was a new release meaning if there is going to be a sequel it may not be until 2009! Yeah it's close but who knows in what month. I had to write her and of course I wasn't ranting like I am now but I had to politely ask when she thought she was going to write the rest of the dang story!! This is the second book I've read this year that didn't have a happily ever after. Gather Together In My Name (Author is a locked sister, Tracy Price-Thompson) almost brought tears to my eyes. If I wasn't in public when I finally turned the last page I think I would have sobbed. I called my friend and we had a conversation filled with cut off sentences as we both could not find the words to share the emotions the book evoked. You should really read this book! It was GURD not good but GURD intentional misspell. See even Trisha R Thomas, didn't play with my emotions like that, though in the beginning her books didn't have a typical romance happy ever after, it had one that I could see as real and she continued with it until she showed how the dysfunctionality (yes it's not a word so what!) of Venus Johnson landed her happiness in the end! Now, Ms. Poole just played with my emotions all over again. UGH!!! I read another one of her books back in high school, Yo Yo Love and I think that one had a happily ever after but I can't remember right now. Ugh I'm so frustrated. Think I'm going to start on my Angela Winters novel since I'm not tired, and my next Brenda Jackson saga is missing a novel so I don't want to skip a character. Grrr

(I donated some of my books to the library)

Yeah I know this has nothing to do with hair but my blog is changing, it's not just about my hair it's about me. This rant, is me! LOL any way yeah my page is still under construction if you view it in Internet explorer it looks busted so hopefully everyone uses Mozilla Firefox, it's much better anyway. I've been too busy to finish the codes for this site and finish it to make it look pretty. Finals week is coming up and I have to make sure I don't end the semester with less than a 3.0..I had an episode with my school when I found out I was missing a credit and no one bothered to tell me the correct information just let me assume that I was good. Good thing I looked at it got everything fixed so that I do graduate and transfer to my new school without a problem in January. I also have video that I need to post but because I've been so busy, I haven't had time to edit it. Hopefully I will soon.

I think I have a date tomorrow, well sort of kind of. He's my homey but he did invite me so technically it's a date but it's not a date. EH, I don't know maybe I should ask him if it's a date. LOL! I've been fretting about what to wear it's a bridal shower and I haven't been to one of those yet. Am I supposed to get the bride a gift too? Shoot I'm broke, maybe I'll get her a card or something. Other than that I'll just offer her some prayer! Okay I'm done with this now. Tomorrow is my first Saturday off and I have A LOT to get done in one day.

-DiVA Out Yall!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a non-conclusive end to a book to make your blood boil. I've read many a book and that's happened. I'm pretty much a romance novel girl myself...and every ending has to be happy...LOL!!

Good luck on your finals!!!

I'm still reading your story and will email you my opinion soon....

CheLouissaint said...

I know right! It's like just make the dern book 1000 pages if that's what it takes. It's a must, I don't think it should qualify as a romance if it's not a happily ever after.

Thank you I so need it...I've had my head every where but the books.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say! I have another one that needs some serious editing and critique. Let me know if you're up to it.

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely up for it!! I love reading so it won't be a problem.

CheLouissaint said...

yay, I'll email it to you just as soon as I can salvage the entire thing from my dead PC!

Thank you!

SUBSCRIBERS