Hair

1.12.2008

I'm Locked Up!!

Yes it finally happened I got my locks installed Jan. 5Th 9am-7pm & 6Th 9-8:30pm. Long days and my flat behind was screaming after that second day but I was so excited I could care less! Mass text messages went out that evening because all my friends knew that it was finally about to go down and they all couldn't wait to see the final results, my locked friends welcomed me, the ones still enslaved by the relaxer commented on how nice they look and how they would do it too but they're afraid of not being able to ever use a comb again. Child please, my hair pick and combs have all been handed over I am not going to miss trying to comb out my naps. Oh you won't imagine how many times I've heard aren't they just little braids, I want to just slap them with knowledge but I didn't have time, because I was rushing to class. Yup that's right I'm back in school and realizing that I'm still a nerd, jumped right back into it. I don't understand why students are so afraid to talk out in a lecture shoot you're paying for this you better get as much information as possible. I sit right up in front so that I know my face is seen and if I have a question or an answer best believe it will be heard. Back to my hair, a lot of people have asked if they were braids, some women look at me in aw others look at me in disgust oh well I know I'm fabulous catch up with me in a couple months when all this scalp isn't showing and I have some growth they're going to really hate me then! LOL A lot of people are surprised that I'm not covering it up with hats or a weave, I did not pay all this money just to hide it oh #3!! nah. One woman actually knew what it was she saw me walking to class as she was walking out one of the buildings and sister girl yelled out "who did your sisterlocks?" My head shot up really fast and I did make time to speak to her but then she quickly got on my nerves when she started picking at my head like a bird looking for worms, telling me that from a far my locks were beautiful but now that she was up close she thinks my consultant jacked me up and over prices. Having the mouth on me that I do you know I had to question her on her skills. She's never taken a sisterlocks training course in her life, but being from "Jamaica" she felt she was an authority on them. Umm booboo it wasn't even created in Jamaica and what you think you know is mostly likely WRONG!! Yes she pissed me off luckily for her the christian side of me saved her. I told her to log onto the site become certified then contact me. Oh yes I gave her my card took hers to be polite then strolled off. Well that's the end on my first week being locked up. I would've posted sooner but, life got to me. My sister was in the hospital all week but she's out now, then this morning I found out that someone in the family passed away stressful week but a little stress never hurt no body! Ok I have to get back to work, well doing my homework at work:).

4 comments:

moke said...

ur's look NICE. i wish mine looked that good when i had um.. they were a little bigger..but..they didnt look right. but go you... : )

CheLouissaint said...

MOKE:aww thank you! what type of locks did you have? you should've kept with them, my locks are going through that ugly period right now they won't sit the way i want them but i'm just going to wait it out.

i really do appreciate the positive feedback. just about made my day!

moke said...

they were braids at first and i told my mom i wanted to lock them... so she did it for me... she had um for like 10 years..im so for them... and i would have kept them..but, it just wasnt working for me.lol i hated twisting and them started to lock together..it was a mess in MY head. haha but urs are hot.

CheLouissaint said...

Oh I saw someone with braid locks and they were really nice, I'm not sure what the technique is for locking braids. I saw a picture of you as a kid on your myspace once and you had a head full of hair growing up. Maintaing that must have been beaucoup frustrating. if you ever think about locking up again you should try speaking to a loctician about what type of locks would better suit your hair type. i've always wanted locks but i knew that if i ever got them they'd have to be micro sized and though palm rolled locks look nice but the smaller you get with them they break off so sisterlocks after two years of research was what i decided to go with. But again thank you, I'm going through the phase of not knowing how to style my hair so it's frustrating me too I'm at work and I decided to just french braid them all to the side it's not that bad looking either if only I had some type of accessory to off set it!
Thanks for the comments

SUBSCRIBERS