Hair

2.23.2008

Carimi

Last night was awesome! Today's my cousin's birthday so last night we all went to see a Haitian band by the name of Carimi. They are my favorite at the moment and I've seen them a total of 3x, twice in Miami my home city (woot woot) and once in New York. I've also fed members of their group, during the Haitian Flag festival in 2006! Yes that was tres exciting definitely had fun during that volunteer experience. My night was almost ruined before the concert because I got pulled over and the officer gave me a ticket for my registration. Now, I've always been under the impression that you have until the end of your birth month to renew your tag and even then there is a grace period. Guess this cop didn't know what I knew. It ruined part of my night because I wasn't able to get to the gallery opening at my school, and I still hadn't found something to wear. I ended up getting shirt dress from Express and skinny jeans from Wetseal, and I wore the shoes and accessories my sister gifted me on my birthday. Then I had to find the event promoter so that I could get tickets. So, I basically went home stuffed a chicken leg down my throat and got ready to head out. Our family had a section reserved so we didn't have to worry about people stepping on shoes or groping on in places they shouldn't be, but you know you always get those people that can't read the reserved signs. That's where the men in our family came in. A fight did break (my family wasn't involved) out but we were out of harms reach.At times I couldn't even dance to the music because the area was crowded but it was okay because I was close enough to the stage where I could vibe and just watch the performance. At the end of the night we got my cousin the pictures she wanted to take with one of the group members Richard Cave my favorite as well! Not just because he held my hand while singing "Mamacita" during the show in New York lol (beautiful dreamy eyes!) but because he is a beautiful, educated, & talented Haitian male so they do exist! I got a picture with him and Mikael Guirand. Beautiful Haitian men that they are, my braces have ‘gots’ to go in the in the pictures though! I can't smile with these fences; I haven't taken a good picture since having them placed. I need to do what Tyra tells the girls on ANTM, practice in the mirror. It was a wonderful night and I'm glad that I've finally had a chance to have fun in this miserable town that I live in. My friends in Miami are saying that I should drive down tonight and see them again! I would if it was in the budget; here events have to end by 2 am. In Miami I wouldn't have gotten home until 7am, and the variety of people would have been different. People here are so blah!! I miss Miami. I’ll get to see them as well as other Haitian artist during the 10Th Annual Haitian Flag Day Celebration in Miami. Oh that's going to be an amazing time! Hopefully I'll also take the Kompa Cruise during the summer. My hair looked awesome last night, but I don't know if what I'm doing is actually good for them. I spritz them with water to make them lay the way I want? Is it too early to just wet them without braid and banding? I'm not rubbing or washing them just an occasional spritz of water and okay okay I might quickly let the shower spray my head not everyday just once in a while. So, please feel free to share with me your opinion on my methods of managing my locks. It would be greatly appreciated. DiVA 0ut!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Looks like you guys had a great time at the concert!!

Just to let you know regarding the ticket issue.. I don't know how long it's been in effect but your reg expires on your birthday and if you get pulled over and it's expired (even within the same month) the policeman is authorized to give you a ticket. It really sucks!!

As for the spritzing... I'll tell you what I did. I have extremely dry scalp and by day 3 after my installation I couldn't take it so I started spritzing with water, aloe vera juice and essential oils. It helped me out a great deal. Spritzing just increased my shrinkage but I think it aided in the locking process as well. Now, depending on your hair-type you may get some slippage. Your best bet is to call your Consultant and ask if it's ok. I'm sure the light spritzing will be fine but running your water under the shower is another story. I wouldn't recommend that one but ask your Consultant about that as well.

CheLouissaint said...

Yes that really does suck this is the second stupid ticket I've received. They gave me a ticket because I hadn't changed my address! Now, they just go changing laws on me arrgh! Well I'm headed to renew the registration this morning. My scalp snows when I itch but I'm trying to train it without the oils, well at least until they've matured. I haven't let the shower catch me in the head since the 23rd. Friday I'm going to make the long trip to her salon and ask her what she things is okay for my locks. Too much money went into this for me to just mess them up. I have massive shrinking hopefully that's a good thing, but what is slippage? I've read this on a few blogs but I never ask.

Thank you!

Always a pleasure.

SUBSCRIBERS