Hair

2.07.2008

First Retightening

It's been a while since my last blog post. School and work full-time is harder than I thought it would be, but this is what I wanted and this is what I'll do. I had my hair retightened for the first time after three weeks Feb. 2, it was pretty fast I went in at 8am and I was leaving at 11:30am. My consultant says I had a lot of new growth and that she's going to experiment with the length between retightenings. I go back March 8th. I think I'm already seeing growth and I find myself looking foward to the length of my locks by summertime. Yesterday made my locks officially one month old I didn't buy anything for them yet maybe after school today I'll stop by and get rubberbands so that I can wash them. I'm really afraid to wash them now because my consultant asked me if I was braiding and banding correctly, I guess I did a no no and pulled some of my ends. She says I should bundle them smaller and fold under twice. I wanted to tell her how about you wash my hair for the first year. That's unrealistic for my pockets right now. I cancelled my birthday plans because my pockets are not looking thick enough! I decided to take a trip to disney world but it's not going to happen well at least not this month. I'll be 21 in 9 days and I'm no longer excited. The night before I'll have dinner with friends at PF Changs hopefully I can eat because I'll be having my braces put on 4 days before. I can barely eat with the spacers they placed on 3days ago. Then I'll most likely read all day long for my birthday. It's not exciting but it's cost effective. School: I'm actually doing well, I've gotten A's on my first two math test, I just completed a paper for my humanites class, topic of which was love, beauty, and truth. We were to choose a specific work of art that has influenced us the most in relation to those three things. I chose Toni Morrison's The Bluest Eye. I want to post it up but it's REALLY long. She asked for 1-2 pages minimum and I turned in 7 plus pictures! Zaythegr3at says she'll think I'm an over achiever oh well, that's how I role. lol My journalism class is the only class that's kicking my but right now, I'm not sure if it's the style of teaching or if I'm just not getting it. I'm going to schedule an appt with my professor and I've since found a tutor. Oh and creative writing is fun, I'm writing a novel, maybe I'll post that up too! Financial aid refunds went out last week and my pockets did not recieve anything! I need to figure out how to amend my taxes from 06 because my financial aid refund is being delayed because of it, and I need that money to pay my old university to get my transcripts. If not I'll be stuck in limbo when it comes to transfering this coming fall. In other news: I have an adopted cat, it's my neighbors cat but they don't feed him and my family has a soft heart so we feed him. I can't even tell this cat no I'll be running late to work and he purrs at me like 'please my belly is aching' and I run back inside to give him something to eat. I need to get him a bowl because putting food on the grass in a trash bag is so tacky, but he doesn't complain. I'm actually thawing wild salmon fillets so that I can grill and feed him today. This ghetto cat is eating in style. It's gotten to the point where my sister reminds me that 'kitty' that's what we call him hasn't eaten yet today. So, seeing that I have to cook for kitty and get this assignment done for class today I'll end this post here. -DiVA Out

3 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

YOur hair is looking good!

CheLouissaint said...

sistalocd:thank you! you should see it this morning though I slept with out my cap and they are going every which way.

Zay The Gr3at said...

"kitty"

brangs back memories. nuff said lol

SUBSCRIBERS