Hair

2.28.2008

Grrrr....

Yes I'm growling, it's 7:36 am and I'm tired. Which isn't normal because I normally wake up at 5:30am. I think I need to get checked out by a doctor this fatigue is bring me down. Update: I got a B on my test, and I'm only just a bit depressed about it after the professor reminded us he drops the lowest grade. Yeah I know people say I should be happy with a B but I just can't be at this point in my life. I've been trying to get back into school for 3 semesters...I went through so much to get back in. (financially, emotionally, mentally, physically) It was a struggle, and now that I've made it back in I have to prove to myself that I can still set goals and achieve them. My goal is a 4.0 for this semester point blank. Nussance like a B here and there throws off that flow. What else is new? Nothing really... my locks are still bringing sexy back lol, they've shrunk to my scalp and I keep fighting the urge to wet them. I'm going to wait until I speak to my consultant. I'm investing in a laptop, I really need one my desktop is on ther verge of crashing once again. I refuse to put more money into this windows operating unit, I'm joing the mac world. Still doing my research before I go and drop two grand in front of the mac genius. I am not big ballin' like that. pictures of my lock friends..."Smoove" and "Omega". Omega had his locks palm rolled sometime last year and they've just grown guys have the ability to grow hair so freaking fast! Smoove has been growing his locks for I believe 4 years I need to double check. Smoove always has his styled and I love it even though some women think it's not sexy, a man that is well groomed is always sexy to me! Omega just let's his locks freestyle. My mother is afraid that I'm going to fall in love with a locked brother. She really doesn't accept it on men even though I've shown her that not all dreaded men are 'vagabon' my sister was telling me that she was stressed at the idea. You would think she'd be used to it, one of my best male buddies is locked. But then again he might not be a good example for her seeing as he grew up before her eyes and has done some regretful things that give her stereotypes bases. But even she admits that he's a wonderful person respectful of his elders and just needs a little prayer. LOL that doesn't change her mind about who I should find attractive. Eh oh well, dark skinned, light skin, long hear, bald, shaved head who's to say who I'll ultimately choose. She'll get over it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you aren't happy with the B but like your professor mentioned the lowest grade is dropped and your goal is still attainable.

Both brothas have beautiful locks. Men's hair grow so much faster than ours and my theory is b/c they don't fuss over their hair like we do.

As for your mom.. I'm sure she'll be happy if you're happy. My family also had the impression that locked people were homeless, ghetto or just plain dirty people. I had to school them on that one though.

CheLouissaint said...

I think I'm finally getting over the B, you are correct the goal is still attainable.

I agree with your theory, which is why I try not to fuss over my locks. While secretly praying they grow, grow, grow.

My mother will always be a worry wart when it comes to me and relationships. Part of her is happy that I'm a 21 year old virgin that doesn't date. The other part of her wishes that I would occasionally date. BUT they have to be clean shaven men lol. Getting my locks to her is like I joined that blank panther movement in the 70's. She'll be happy when I'm happy.

Always a pleasure

TheArtisthaha said...

It is nice to know that there is another haitian besides me and my friend wanda who recently got her hair locked last week monday, March 3rd, 2008 by Miss Ann Marie. She started out totally natural with 3 inches of hair. You know how our culture fills about locks. My mother was not happy that was getting sisterlocks and she got upset when I got my long hair cut after I got my sisterlocks installed-I told her it needed to be trim real bad -she's not hearing it. I can't wait the day when I get my length back because she'll be singing a different toon.

TheArtisthaha said...

Oh! by the way your sisterlocks looks great -Good luck on your sisterlock journey.

Lakia said...

Your locks are look great, continue to strive for your 4.0.

CheLouissaint said...

Artist: I know the feeling my mother is anti my locks but day by day she is growing accustomed I really can't wait until she gets back from Haiti so that I can show her the pictures of your locks on your blog. Bonne Chance on your journey to natural freedom ma soeur!!

CheLouissaint said...

Lakia: Thanks, I'm trying it's getting hard but that just means my break through is coming! lol

SUBSCRIBERS