Hair

10.13.2008

4 Mile Walk

My first time walking I only made it 1.42 miles before I came crawling home tired, huffing and puffing. Today was sooooo different, my breathing is normal and I don't even feel sore, YET! lol I think the difference was that I had people walking with me, my sister and my neighbor joined in on my fitness journey. Yesterday my neighbor came over to tell us that she ordered a samba video and thought we could all do it together once it arrived and my sister told them how I was occasionally walking in the mornings and right away my neighbor said give her a ring in the morning she wanted to go too. My sister who went to the gym with me on Thursday and has been complaining about being sore ALL WEEKEND even got in on the action and we all set out this morning to do a mile walk. Well a mile turned into 2, then 3, and 4! It felt like turning back to get to the car would be further so we just kept following the path point out things on the way. Occasionally jogging to get away from the bugs, I don't do bugs lol...I'm like: "they're going to nest in my locks!!". We walked and walked until we were on the road that led to our apartments we'd made it that far but then the sun came out and we decided maybe a lift wouldn't hurt so we called someone to meet us, we jogged to the stop sign but the jog soon turned into a dash when I heard a dog barking and saw that the gate was open and there was no chain!! Yeah I don't play with dogs either...that really got my heart going because I ran towards the stopped car so fast!! Guess the dog was the little push we all needed because it forced them to keep up with my wild running. We made it!!! 4 miles on our first try and we're looking forward to Thursday morning seeing if we can add yet another mile. Just as much as I'm looking forward to breakfast and a shower.

_
DiVA 0UT!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! 4 Miles!!! You Go!!!!

CheLouissaint said...

Thank you much, I felt it the next do and thought we must have been crazy

SUBSCRIBERS