Hair

10.18.2008

So, My Brother Almost Died!

The original thought for my post tonight was about me not taking down the lockhawk. But, my sister and I just came back from picking up my brother. Everyday he goes to this house where a bunch of guys play dominoes for money. Haitian men with nothing to do. I'm always asking him why he can't stay his behind at home because I hate that neighborhood but it's what he does, when he's in town. So, he calls us to pick him up all calm like it's a regular night. I mean we do it everyday. We pull up and we see those "flashing lights" first thing that comes to my mind is "Oh my goodness, INS is deporting them." Most of the people there are not here legally. Then we see my brother walking to the car so we're like "yes he got away." Not knowing that he just got away from a bullet! He tells us when he gets into the car two people got shot, we're like "word". Then he goes into detail and we realize that two people in the same room as him were shot. He's telling the story about how the guys came in to rob them and how they tried to fight them off and his friends getting shot in the process, but it doesn't sink in. We're like "man you have 9 lives, you need to get on your knees and pray tonight, and you're going to church in the morning to testify". But it didn't really hit me the severity of the situation like you could have received a call saying your brother has just been shot; not until I follow him into the apartment and saw the speck of blood on his shirt, so small but it hit SO HARD.

Right now my prayers go out to the two men that were shot, and I'm fighting the urge to beat my big brother up because I'm happy that he's safe and scared that the situation could have had a totally different ending.

This is why I want to get my education, and make something of myself to get me and my family far, far, away from this %*&^(*&*& situations. I hope those guys are caught before they hurt someone else loved ones.

6 comments:

Locs2Envy said...

Darn D, that's deep. Was your brother hurt at all? (blood on his shirt)...really sad.

CheLouissaint said...

No he walked away safe other than that splatter of blood it was like a normal night. It is sad and I hate thinking it's just the world that we live in because the world should be a whole lot better.

Locs2Envy said...

Scary...I can't believe he was so calm when he called home. I think I would have kicked his butt when I found out what had happened. You and your sister are a blessing. Did you tell your mom? I better she wasn't as calm LOL.

Locs2Envy said...

that was supposed to be "bet" she wasn't calm...sorry....so much for proof reading..LOL

CheLouissaint said...

I couldn't believe it either, I mean gun shots are a common thing where we live but actually being in the same room with the shooter is a totally different thing. I really wanted to beat his behind. I didn't tell her none of her us told her actually but my brother must have told someone else because she heard it through the grapevine, and started questioning my sister. He's being a lot nicer to us even though he made fun of me this morning.

I got it, I don't proof read either so don't sweat it lol.

Jocey. said...

I'm glad everything is okay!

SUBSCRIBERS