Hair

10.01.2008

Yoga Update

Did I make it through the 40 minute work out? No, I didn't even get to do one minute of it, my brother is in town taking over the living room so I couldn't disturb him. (Really, he'd beat me up) When I came home from work the  program was no longer there, it only saved it for 24hrs. I'm going to find some beginner yoga baby steps, lol I see some A.M yoga maybe that's more calm, it's been a while so I guess I need to take it slow. I'm screening yoga episodes my brother and sister are laughing at me, screw them!  I will not be defeated, again baby steps. I'm going to post some pictures of me doing poses at a friends house back in 2006. I did it before I'm going to do it again, shoot!


I'm meeting with a friend at 6 am to work out so that I can learn proper form for weight lifting, I don't want to hurt myself trying to get fit that's not t
he goal at all.  I won't be experimenting with the yoga tonight other than some meditation to calm my anxiety right now. I have a midterm in my logics course tomorrow. I get test anxiety, it's like I psyche myself out. This is what was going through my mind an hour ago:

 
Inner voice: What if you get something simple wrong, the professor is going to be grading the paper like, dang she's not taking my course seriously.


 Diva to inner voice: Nah, he knows I'm a hard worker.

 
IV: Well he's going to be wondering why you're not seriously working hard to learn his material. You must not be smart.

 
D: I am, but I'm under a lot of stress...test are not my forte.

 
IV: He don't care about your stress he's just wondering why you missed all these questions.

 
D: I'm not going to miss a lot of questions, I'm going to do well.

 
IV: You better, because we don't fail.

 
D: We sure don't!

 
Yeah lol now, everyone is thinking I'm crazy. Don't act like you don't have conversations with yourself internally. (LMBO)

 
Ugh I have an orthodontist appointment, normally I binge eat because my mouth is going to be sore for like 3 days, but won't that defeat the purpose of this exercise stuff? Guess I need to stop at the grocery store in the morning get some mashed potatoes and soup.


 Nite nite!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! How long were you doing Yoga before you were able to do those poses? If you already know what you're doing a DVD would work well.

CheLouissaint said...

5-6mths I think, I took the Art of Yoga and Meditation as an elective in college during the summer semester, that's when I first became really interested and started taking classes at the university gym. By Feb of 2007 I was trying to tackle the head stand. I should try looking for a 3 stage dvd you're right thanks!

SUBSCRIBERS